Wix is an online website builder that allows you to build beautiful and professional looking websites without learning to do any coding AT ALL. You needn’t even learn a content management system (CMS) like WordPress!
To get an idea of how much you can do with Wix, take a look at some examples of Wix-powered websites here. You will see some really attractive websites, most of which are created by non-professional web designers.
Wix allows you to build all kind of websites, from brochure sites to blogs and online shops.
Image-intensive sites work particularly well with Wix, making it a decent fit for photographers, designers, and other creative professionals.
Why use Wix to build a website?
There are 41 million registered users on Wix, so the service certainly ticks the right boxes for a wide range of different people. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why Wix is so popular.
- Over 280 professional templates are included. Wix has an array of great looking designs for you to choose from. You will find themes available for all kinds of industries, so even if you are not a creative type, you will still be able to design an attractive site.
- Easy to use drag & drop interface. It is easy to learn how to use Wix, as the entire system uses “drag and drop” principles. You don’t need to learn how to code, and you can choose any elements you want and position them with very few restrictions.
- Quality support. It’s really easy to access high-quality support from Wix. Each element of the website has its own dedicated support button too, so that you won’t have to continually search in the database for the topic you need.
- Web hosting isn’t required. Wix already comes with very reliable hosting, so you don’t have to purchase a separate hosting service.
- A basic site is FREE. You needn’t spend ANY money to try out Wix. However, we would strongly recommend you link your Wix site to your own domain so that it looks more professional.
Setting up an account at Wix.com is really straightforward. Here, we take you through the entire process.
1. Wix.com is very easy to navigate and easy to use. Signing up is just a matter of clicking a button. Then, you just have to provide your email and a password to create a new account.
2. As soon as you’ve signed up, you will see the welcome screen, and it will ask you to choose category of your website. This is to help you select a suitable template, which you can customize later. Don’t worry about choosing the wrong template as you can always go back and change it later.
3. For the purposes of this guide, we have chosen Advertising and Marketing. You will notice several attractive designs. By changing the category at the left navigation menu, you can browse the rest of the templates. Many of the templates are mobile-optimized.
4. You can click on each template to view it, or click on “Edit” to edit the template to suit your precise needs.
5. After you finish editing your template, it is time to publish your site! Hit “Publish” at the top right corner, and you will be asked to give your site a name.
After you save your site and publish it, it will be live online. Congratulations! You have just published your very first website with Wix.
This article just covers the basics of setting up Wix and choosing a template. Go to this complete Wix tutorial for a more detailed step-by-step guide.